Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mother and Child parking spaces. Do you hate them too?

I know I’m going to get flamed for this, but I just cant help parking in the M&C supermarket parking spaces. Does anyone else see them as blatant pandering to a pressure group (‘mothers with kids’) that is putting everyone else out?

Supermarkets are required by law to provide disabled parking, yet even that is being sited further and further away from the main entrance, so that mummy and her big 4*4 can park badly in a lorry sized area.

I wouldn’t care a hoot if the M&C spaces were at the back of the car park, because I can see that there is a need for them to prevent kids opening doors on neighboring cars. They’re not at the back though, are they? They’re right at the front like royalty.

Its happening more and more in the UK – jobsworths looking for excuses to give some poor disadvantaged group preferential treatment. Yeah right. I’ve never ever parked in a disabled spot, and agree with the need for them 100%. What fool decided to give M&C the same privileges though?


No comments:

Post a Comment