Monday, May 16, 2011

Buying A Car - This Is Scary?

Everyone has read stories about the mortgage crisis but it is minute in comparison to the corruption and unscrupulous actions that take place daily in every car dealership. I previously worked as a car salesman for over 10 years.

I would venture to say that 95% of car buyers are getting ripped-off for thousands of dollars. It is not uncommon for a dealership to net a profit as much as $15 THOUSAND dollars on a single car deal.

I am seriously thinking about writing an ebook to help consumers avoid being their next victim. I’ve done some research on the net and have found a few people that have done this. Although their sales page reads like a cheap tabloid you would see in a supermarket. I suspect their motives are no better than the car dealerships.

I could write a book of horror stories on the car industry longer then War & Peace. But, I simply want to arm consumers with knowledge. Consumers do need to know how dealerships pull off their scams in order to know what to look
Sounds like you are a car salesman.
Dealerships typically make 5-10% profit, most of the time lower thanks to the web.

Jay, wake up! you are the naive type of person dealerships make money on.

I’ve seen people on a daily basis that are anywhere from 5K to 20K upside down in their trade in. How do you think this happened?

It’s a vicious cycle, they were upside down in their previous trade, 3-6K dealer profit in used car, inflated finance charges, inflated service contracts. Wake up, it happens every day. Has nothing to do with me being a horrible car salesman.


No comments:

Post a Comment