Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ford Fiesta (UK Question) 1998 reg (S) Brakes problem?

Hello,

I bought my first car 2 weeks ago and have only been able to drive it a handful of times. The first day i got it, it wouldn’t accelerate (Felt as if i was in the wrong gear – which i wasn’t) and wouldn’t shift. however, when i got it home the brakes were smoking.
I spoke to a friend who is a mechanic, and he thought it would be the brake pads/disc’s as when we bought it, the guy said it had been sat on his drive doing nothing for 2-3 months. so he replaced these for me. The car was fine again however, after trying to accelerate (say if i come off a roundabout and try to go from 2nd – 3rd gear) the brakes felt locked. He then replaced the calipers because it was clearly smoking after running for a while.
I am still having the same problems, even though these parts have been replaced – and its really getting me down. I bought a haynes manual, it says something about the master cylinder, do you think this could be the cause of these problems? Has anyone else experienced anything similiar? I know its an oldish car but i didnt expect this much hassle from my first car and it feels like i am throwing money at a lost cause! My fella and I nipped to the supermarket in it, and ended up having to pull up for an hour and a half, because the brakes were that tight, it couldn’t move. Even if we had the handbrake off , it wouldnt budge – Does anyone have any ideas – I am taking it to the garage but wanted to know what to expect!
Thank you xx


No comments:

Post a Comment