Monday, July 25, 2011

Do you like where you live?

Okay here’s the story. I’ve been living in DC most of my life and I lived in NW. NW is by far the best part of the city. It’s where most of the life is. I has all the best neighborhoods like Georgetown, Adams Morgan, Mt.Pleasant, Columbia Heights, Kalorama, and etc.i lived in Adams Morgan and I miss Nw. Now I live in Southeast…and it sucks because my mom wanted to downgrade into a cheap 3 bedroom condo…I hate everything about SE. The people, the buildings. There isn’t anything no clubs, movie theaters, culture, no fun. All it is a drug infested, ghetto, poor, and unemployed section. For many years there was only 1 supermarket for all of SE, they just opened a Giant in the spring of 2008…The people I live around are so ghetto..and the men here are gross. The ward I live in is the highest for STDs and HIV….gross. My mom told me, my little bother and little sister to never speak to anyone around here and she doesn’t let my little brother or sister to go outside because she doesn’t like how the other kids act around here, they are a bad influence and I agree, I feel so alone. All of my friends are in NW or in NOVA(Northern Virginia) There is no one like me out here, all of the kids my age don’t go to school and they don’t want to do anythign with there lives. I told this lady I’m going to college and she laughed and said that no one goes to college around here…And when I went to my college’s orientation in June and I told some people that I live in SE DC they were so shocked….I am so embarassed to tell people where I live…I have never lived in a place like this ever…And it’s impossible to go anywhere without a car…The buses/subway runs extra slow out here and they stop very early. it’s kinda of like Staten island, it’s isolated from the rest of the city.
I’m 18, I live there because my school is close to my house so I commute…Plus, its hard to find a good apartment because DC is getting very expensive now..Plus my mom doens’t mind me staying…
My mom wanted to get a cond/apratment because she and my dad divorced a while ago and he left us in this house….My mom doesn’t like houses because of the upkept…And she sold it and we moved to the condo….It’s a nice condo it’s brand new…it’s kinda of like a house…its has a an upstairs and a downstairs…and a patio….


No comments:

Post a Comment