Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Car was stuck on Icy road, would Insurance company consider the case as an accident?

I was driving my car (FWD) in the neighborhood for grocery shopping. It snowed 4-5 days ago and the temperature was around 30F. Ice was cleared on some major roads but many streets in the neighborhood were still covered by thin layer of ice. I drove to a supermarket less than a mile away. I was stuck in the middle of the road during the return trip to home. The car was unable to move on the ice. I must move away the car to avoid the traffic. Insurance company roadside assistance’s response was to send a tow truck 9 hours later (midnight on that day) and suggested me to find other solutions by myself. Finally a local tow company came and provided a winching service $200. The tow truck driver said I should be able to file a claim as minor accident since winching was used due to bad road condition. I received the result of claim investigation and insurance company would only pay $50 on towing reimbursement since there was no damage to the car. Do I have any option?


No comments:

Post a Comment