Thursday, June 9, 2011

Please help me choose which Queens, NYC Apt to rent?

I need help asap choosing which apt to rent, they’re in Queens NYC:

Apt A: Rego Park.No fee, L-shaped studio so bed fits in the short L part. The rest is the living room space.
Positives: Cheap rent $950, gas included. Elevator bldg. No broker’s fee. Good enough living space. two large closets. Quiet. Convenient for supermarket and fruit/veg stores.
Negatives: A little dark but has 2 windows so it has some sun but only few hours of day. Old bldg. Laundry room only has 2 machines and one dryer but there is a laundrymat next door to bldg. 5 min walk to subway.

Apt B:
Postives: No fee. Posh bldg. 2 min walk to subway. Clean, new bldg. Med size studio w/extra mini room. Bright, lots of sunlight. Looks new.
Negatives: No supermarket or fruit /veg stand near bldg so have to go to 2 more subway stops for shopping. Rent is $1050 (100 more than apt a). Gas not included. Tiny kitchen. Near Target/Queens Center Mall Car Park so wonder if there will be traffic noise/pollution.
Help me you guys :>. In some ways, I like Apt A cos it’s not so bright 24/7 and looks relaxing but it’s in an older bldg. It’s also convenient for food shopping.

In some other ways I also like Apt B cos I’ve always wanted to live in a posh building to feel like I’ve somehow ‘made it’ in NYC. But it’s not that close to food shopping apart from some Asian supermarkets but that’s different from every day food.
Ideally, I would also like to save money to buy my own place in NYC.


No comments:

Post a Comment