Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Am I the only person who feels this way?

Before I start..I just want to say that this is just how I feel, obviously you are completely free to say what you please..but know first I am a healthy and socially active person, so don’t be thinking I’m crazy..hah.

Okay I’m 21 and live within a small network of villages and towns in a rural location of the UK. I know this will all probably sound muddled together but I’ll try my best to keep it going.

Right now I just feel like there is this massive weight on my shoulders which I can’t seem to shake. I work part time at a local supermarket and I hate the idea of Capitalism and everything that it involves..I hate any kind of interference whatsoever…I just don’t feel free anymore. I have taxes to pay, absurd laws to follow and heavy penalties if I do anything out of line. I see many of my friends and customers in the supermarket whom 85% of which buy alcohol every night (and I’m talking like enough to get 2 people hammered) and they moan and say ‘Oh god I can’t wait for the weekend’ and I’m left thinking..its MONDAY! Why are you working your life away? What are you even trying to achieve? This system of work = wealth we have is in my opinion NOT WORKING. Every day I see my friends doing nothing with their lives but waiting for the weekend, and then when it does arrive they do nothing else but get drunk to forget about their miserable lives and achieve nothing.

Why? What is the point? I come from a poor working class family and my parents have slowly but surely built up their wealth to a comfortable standard..but they work 50+ hours each a week. From this I learned from a young age that money does not equal happiness. I use a bicycle to get to work because 1) It keeps me fit and is good for the environment and 2) Half of the people I know use cars because they just too fucking lazy to walk even short distances..then complain when they put on weight…

I have a massive desire to learn and become self-sufficient i.e. make everything myself but I can’t because I have no savings, property is expensive and I will never in a million years take out a mortgage. In all honesty I just want to lead a simple life away from the government hassling me, robbing me for tax money and impeding on my rights as a citizen of this free earth, which they have pillaged and plundered with their bureaucracy, greed, lies and politic correctness. I feel like I can’t take it anymore and I just long to be away from it ALL..to live in a self sufficient community away from any form of government or control. A place where people look after their neighbours, make only what they need and share skills, stories and good times with each other. I want to be able to roam freely and live my life as a HUMAN. Not a caged worker bee.

But, the sad truth is in my heart of hearts I know such a place may very well not exist, yet I yearn for it. I am not depressed or any of that..I just feel that I loathe the society I am living in and I want to change it..but I don’t know how.

The world we are in now makes us think we can’t live without money but I think this ISN’T true. Before taxes and law people monitored themselves and everybody helped out to achieve common goals.

I guess I just wanted to put this down into words really.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment