Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What amazing bargain have you found recently?

I like my $3 chicken and fries at NFC (yes, NFC, not KFC), but recently I was at the supermarket…

I’m walking through the aisles of my local large grocery store thinking about grocery shopping of all things, when suddenly I see a “blowout bargain” sign. It’s small and has “25 cents” printed on it.

What could be only 25 cents?

Well, it was a plastic container full of broken chocolate nut bars (generic Oh Henry). A full container. Probably 8 chocolate bars worth.

Then I look beside and there’s a whole section dedicated to 25 cent candy. I bought a pack of fuzzy peaches and a pack of chocolate crips Nascar racing cars.

Baffled by my luck, I had to make sure everything in sight was covered. This was an amazing zone I had gotten myself into, probably never to be seen again. Across the wide aisle was a pack of Maynards candy for $1.99. 16 small packages for only $2. It’s not 25 cents, but it’s sure cheap. Those things would cost you $16 at a convenience store.

I just can’t beat that.

Any stories?

Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment